Wednesday, February 25, 2009

American Jobs Staying In America

I'm all for everyone being able to get a job if they so choose, but I think that each country should first think about making sure jobs are available to their own countrymen (women) first. Our country is loaded with its own resources and intelligent and willing people to work. American businesses should STAY in AMERICA and hire AMERICAN people. Plain and simple. Just because a corporation can hire foreigners at a cheaper rate of pay shouldn't be a good enough reason to manufacture outside of this country nor should it be a reason to hire non-Americans. If our country happens to not have a product or a service needed, something that we cannot make or obtain within our own soil, then we either barter or buy. I think this issue is hitting pretty hard with a lot of people---whether they work or not. I will honestly tell you that it's very frustrating, for example; when I have a technical problem, say with my computer, and I need help, I will first email to the support team. The person assigned to my situation will be from another country (usually India). I will then explain my situation. The reply I receive will usually not help. I am going through this right now. I emailed back and forth with this person with no results whatsoever. So, today I call the tech. support. I can barely understand the person helping me. I tell him the problem; he then goes on to tell me that the company now has a tech. support team, from the USA that for a charge of $149.00 year will allow me to get my own personal technician! OMG! I have full warranty on my computer--shouldn't tech. support be a part of that (I'm just asking for verbal help). And since I am from America, shouldn't I have American help without having to be charged for it? I just don't get it. Needless to say, I may not be buying products from this company again. We need to look after each other. Our country was strong and was independent. Sometimes it just seems like it and everyone in it is up for sale. Working WITH other countries is a good thing, but outsourcing jobs is not. Any product that is not made IN the USA should not be allowed to say it was. We should do our best to buy only USA made products--it has to start somewhere to let the manufacturers know we are serious. Fixing this country is in our hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment